One crazy day at a life!

Monday, December 12, 2011

Week 31

I’ve officially reached the end of my rope!  This week has been filled with trying to get presents for all the nieces/nephews and parents.  I know that we kind of left it to really late, but with all the baby stuff we’ve been preoccupied with other stuff.  Also, all of the stores and online stores seem to have run out of stock of stuff you’d buy an 8 year old boy.  I normally enjoy Christmas shopping, but this year I have to say that I haven’t enjoyed it.  Hopefully, next year I’m more on the ball and things go more smoothly!

I haven’t made it to IKEA yet.  I have to confess that I’m too exhausted most of the time to even contemplate going over there.  Where did all my energy go? 

Dre and I also haven’t made any progress at picking a baby name.  None!  That’s my fault because I just ran out of steam and couldn’t keep reading books filled with names.  I think it’s something we might be tackling over the Christmas holidays.  We’re spending a week at a cottage with my family and since I can’t ski this year we’ll have plenty of quiet time to discuss this stuff.  I hope!

This week I have started drinking…PRUNE juice.  Yah!  I never thought I’d do that, but you have to do what you gotta do!  Even with me starting the poo juice, I didn’t gain any weight this week.  My average weight this week is 175.5 lbs. which is a weight loss of 0.2 lbs from last week.  That really surprised me because I haven’t started eating any better than before.  This makes my total weight gain so far 22.5 lbs.  Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I’ve noticed that I can’t eat anymore.  I feel full after I barely eat anything.  The baby is starting to take up a lot of room and I’ve definitely noticed it with my appetite.

I’m religiously taking Zantac after Friday night.  What happened Friday night you ask.  Well, I woke up throwing up acid into my mouth.  That was lovely!  I had taken my Zantac with dinner, but I’d also had my Omega 3 Salmon Oil supplement right before bedtime.  (This is normal for me.) Apparently, there’s acid in those pills and that along with my bedtime snack combined to make me violently ill for 1 hour on Friday.  I can’t describe to you guys the taste that that pill left in my mouth as I was trying to get the acid under control.  It was so bad that I took another Zantac and some tums and then sat up in bed for 2 hours trying to keep from throwing up again.  On Saturday, I had to get up early enough because I had 2 friends coming over to do a day of Christmas baking.  Needless to say, I felt like death warmed over on Saturday morning.  Thankfully, I got my energy back since I sampled everything we baked.  

I’m feeling like crap most of the time, but I’m still telling people I feel great because I just don’t have the energy to talk to them about all my symptoms.  I think this fatigue is going to kill me.  I feel like I’ve run out of energy.  I can’t wait for this nesting thing to kick in because then I’ll at least get some of the stuff that needs to get done before the baby arrives done.

I’ve had some BHs this week.  They’re hard to catch for me because they don’t usually hurt…they just make my belly feel super hard and tight.  The baby has taken to jabbing and poling random stuff.  One website described it as gestating an angry housecat.  I think they had it right!  Sometimes, I feel like this baby has a lot more than 2 legs and arms with the way he’s poking and prodding.  Dre thinks all of this is extremely cute.   He’s cute.

Ligament pain is still around.  Back pain has joined in to make sure that the right side of my body hurts all the time.  I walk really slowly most of the time.  Belly button is flat.  I’m expecting the baby to kick the crap out of it and officially “pop” it into an outie any day now.  

I cannot wait for my massage next week.  It makes my body feel all better for a little bit.  It’s like heaven! 

I’m really looking forward to completing our last baby class tomorrow.  I like them and found them informative, but I’m kind of over them right now.  I feel like I could use the time better to do something else.  I’m also really looking forward to the Christmas holidays starting.  I need some R&R.  Some days, I wonder how I’m going to keep working until February 1st.  One day at a time is my motto right now!

Baby is a squash again this week.  He weighs a ton…I can’t imagine how he’ll put on 3 more lbs at least before he comes out.

If this post seems a little rambly and random this week, ignore it!  I’m just stressed and tired todayJ

No comments:

Post a Comment