One crazy day at a time...my life!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Week 40

Well I’m over my due date by 4 days now.  Blah!  I get texts, emails, and Facebook messages from a hoard of people every day asking me how I feel and if the baby has come yet.  I’m pretty sure that I’d let most people know if the baby had decided to make an appearance.  Also, I’m not really sure what to say about how I feel.  I’m huge!  My skin is stretched to the max and this baby seems to still be gaining weight so I don’t feel great, but I also don’t feel awful either. 

I see the doctor on Thursday and she’ll most likely want to induce me right away since the weekend will be coming and next Monday is Family Day.  I had my non-stress test (NST) on Monday and everything looked good.  Baby was moving well, had a good heart rate, and showed no sign of stress.  The resident who came to review my results with me told me that since I’m overdue I can look forward to these every 3 days until I get induced or have the baby.  I’m not too excited about that since I have to do the NSTs at the hospital and they have ridiculous parking rates over there. 

My mom is coming tomorrow.  I really didn’t want her around before the baby comes, but she has some business stuff she has to do.  The problem is that whenever she comes down she manages to stay at my house or friend’s houses for 1-2 weeks.  I can only take about 1-2 days before she gets on my nerves and I want to send her back.  She loves visiting though and so she’s usually here way too long and we end up fighting because she gets on my nerves or disrupts Dre and I’s schedule.  Anyways, I’m picking her up at the bus station tomorrow afternoon if I haven’t gone into labour by then.
I’m getting tired of drinking Raspberry Leaf Tea.  It doesn’t taste bad, but it just hasn’t done anything yet and it gets really old to drink the same tea 1-2 every day.  I’m also still taking Evening Primrose Oil, but I think I’ll cut back to 1 or 2 a day because those pills are seriously giving me the runs and that’s not cool!  They’re the perfect cure to constipation!  I’ve gotten every suggestion under the sun to “naturally” start my labour, but I personally don’t think any of them work unless your body is ready or was going to go into labour anyways.  The weirdest ones I’ve had suggested are to eat lots of popcorn and to drink castor oil with orange juice.  Hmmm, yes I totally want to drink an oil that’s going to give me the runs.  So needless to say, I’ve tried most of the sane ones like walking a lot and all that, but I’m going to stay far, far away from the crazy ones like castor oil.
I lost my To-Do list so I consider it all done.  Of course, I have a ton of small things to do every day, but nothing major is left.  I just need to do stuff like go consign the baby clothes I’m not keeping, harass my insurance company into paying the expenses they’re supposed to cover for Dre, send in my claims for the massage therapy and chiropractor expenses of the past few months. 
We’re done the baby room!  Yay!  Dre and I are in the process of buying the letters to spell the baby’s name and then I’ll paint them.  Michael’s only lets you use one coupon per day, but you can print as many as you want so every time I go by the store I pick up another letter.  Also, I need to figure out how to paint MDF wood since that’s all they had.  We don’t plan on hanging the baby’s name until he’s born since we’re not telling anyone what the name is.
Here’s my pictures.  I just keep getting bigger…
Photobucket


A disclaimer…my weight is leaping up every few days.  I mean in the past 2 days my scale tells me I gained 5 lbs.  How is that even possible?  I’m going to eat more Valentine Day Hershey’s Chocolates with cherry filling to make myself feel betterJ My average weight this week is 186.0 lbs which is a gain of 2.5 lbs since last week. This makes my total weight gain for this pregnancy exactly 33 lbs. That’s the most weight I’ve gained in one single week this pregnancy.  I’m pretty sure it’s going to be even worse for this week (Week 41) too.

I’m still tired and achy.  I also am having a really hard time doing things like putting on my winter boots and picking stuff off the floor.  Most of the time if it falls on the floor, I just want to leave it there.  So last week I mentioned that I found a diaper bag, but since it’s impossible to find in Canada I’ve just decided to ignore the fact that I don’t have a diaper bag.

No contractions.  No Braxton-Hicks.  Nothing.

I’m really looking forward to meeting this baby.  The end!

Baby is still the size of a watermelon.  Although with all the weight he’s gained he’s probably a really big watermelon by now!

No comments:

Post a Comment