One crazy day at a time...my life!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Week 35

Turns out that training someone to take over your job is stressful, exhausting, and really annoying.  I'm pretty sure that she'll either do a great job and make me look like an idiot when I go back since she has more qualifications than I do or she'll do a really crappy job and I'll have to fix all the problems when I go back. 

I'm going on sick leave starting next Thursday.  This is 1.5 weeks earlier than I had originally planned to start my maternity leave.  When I saw my doctor last week, she wanted to pull me out of work immediately, but that almost gave me a panic attack so I told her not yet.  I've since decided that I will leave earlier because I'm exhausted and in pain most of the time and sitting at work makes it worse.

While I was at the doctor's, she decided to do Group B Strep swab test.  Ugh!  So not fun to have a long q-tip shoved up there. 

In other news, I've reached 35 weeks which is wow!  I can't believe that my due date is 4.5 weeks away and that really baby boy could be here at any time.  Cue panic attack when I think about the baby's room which is not organized yet, the lack of name, and the frozen dinners that I haven't made yet.  Deep breaths!  Maybe if I ignore it all it will magically get done!  Yeah, I'm probably dreaming!

Picture time!

Week 34
Week 35
That shirt is barely covering my bump now.  I might have to use a different one soon!

My average weight this week is 179.9 lbs which is a gain of 1.2 lbs since last week. This makes my total weight gain for this pregnancy exactly 26.9 lbs.  I can't believe I'm still putting on a lb or so a week.  The baby is now so big that he takes all of my stomach space so I'm eating about 60% of what I was eating a month ago.  So it's not the food putting weight on me and I really haven't changed any of my physical activity habits so it must be the baby.  If he keeps growing this way, he'll be quite the big baby when he's born.
Heartburn, acid reflux, and indigestion are my constant friends now.  I get them all every day.  I'm so over it.  I'm ready to get my digestive system back.  I can't wait to be able to go to a restaurant and eat whatever I want and not have to be afraid that 30 minutes later I feel so stuffed I want to die or feel the "burn" of heartburn.
No energy here.  I'm still waiting for this mythical "nesting" thing that everyone keeps telling me about. 
BHs are always around now.  I get them a lot.  I've gotten a few painful contractions, but it's mostly when I'm at work or walking around a store.  So basically I should just sit on my couch and not move.  During my doctor's appointment last week, she sent me to L&D to get monitored since I'd mentioned that baby boy hadn't moved much in the last 4 days.  As soon as I got hooked up to the monitors, baby boy started kicking the crap out of those monitors.  No problems there!  When the nurse checked me, she told me that I was contracting.  I can't feel most of them though.  Crazy! 
 
I’m really looking forward to this weekend.  I get to attend one of my friend's baby shower.  She's due 4 days after me on Valentine's Day so we might end up in the hospital at the same time!  I got these adorable toy leashes made by my friend Bibmababy.  Adorable!  I'm keeping one and giving the other one away to my friend for her baby shower, but now I can't make up my mind because they're so cute! 
 
 
Anyways, I can't wait to go to the shower.  After it, we have a Pre-Natal Aquafitness class which is awesome.  Floating around is really, really awesome when you're carrying around an extra 25 lbs.  It 's going to be a great weekend!
 
Baby is the size of a cantaloupe or a honeydew melon. He weighs around 5 lbs this week.  Baby is getting big!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment