One crazy day at a time...my life!

Monday, January 2, 2012

Week 33

I know, I know!  I'm really late with posting this update.  I was planning on posting from the cottage since I'd have lots of time.  Problem is that at the cottage my phone's 3G network worked more like dial-up for smartphones.  Other times, it didn't work at all!  So no posting for me!

Dre and I had a great Christmas with my family at the cottage.  We got to meet my brother's girlfriend's 2 daughters.  They're a riot.  They really livened up the place and I'm really glad we got to meet them.  I think that when my sister is back in the country for our next family Christmas in 2 years with my niece that they'll all have a blast together. 

I cooked the Christmas dinner this year and I have to say that it was a success.  This is only the 2nd time that I've actually cooked a complete turkey.  I usually cook the Butterball Turkeys that have no bones...so much easier to cook.  So the turkey was done an hour early and I was freaking out, but my younger brother suggested I keep the bird in the oven with the heat turned off.  I was concerned that it would dry out the turkey, but little bro was right since the turkey turned out AMAZING!  I was so happy!  Dre helped me with the whole dinner of course; he's had to become pretty handy with cooking since I've gotten pregnant. 

It's back to work for me tomorrow, but I really needed those 11 days off.  A lot of my pregnancy symptoms got a lot better since I've been off.  Because of that, I'm thinking that I'm allergic to my work!  Only 4-5 more weeks of work...the countdown has begun.

Here’s my picture this week.   I'm getting huge!

Week 32
Week 33
My average weight this week is 178.0 lbs which is a gain of 1.4 lbs since last week. This makes my total weight gain for this pregnancy exactly 25.0 lbs.  Frankly, I'm surprised I haven't gained more since I've been eating a crazy amount of sweets and desserts for the past 2-3 weeks.  Gotta love the holidays!
I still love Zantac, but baby boy is definitely compressing all of my stomach, intestines, and some of my lungs.  When I eat now, I have a hard time eating and breathing at the same time.  I would never have thought that that would happen.  Zantac still works overall, but it's not working as well as it was.  I'm guessing that pretty soon nothing will stop the heartburn and acid reflux.
 
I still have very little energy most of the time.  This fabled nesting that everyone keeps talking about hasn't appeared yet.  So I'm letting Dre install the car seat tomorrow all by himself because I can't see myself sitting outside in the cold trying to figure it out.
BHs are getting more frequent and intense.  I've even had a few that felt like real contractions and not just BHs, but it's really hard to tell.  Mostly, I just get period like cramping every now and then.  I figure that as long as they don't get more intense or regular then I'm fine.  I think Dre is worried though because his favorite question lately is if my cramps are regular.  Cute husband is getting worried.  I don't know what he'll do when I tell him that it's time to go to the hospital in a few weeks.   Baby boy is a lot less active most days.  It's not very reassuring for me, but I understand that it's because he's running out of room to stretch out. 

The ligament pain from the baby compressing is much, much better. I think that sitting at my desk and getting in and out of cars in aggravating that particular symptom because it's basically disappeared for the most part in the past 11 days.  The belly button is flatish to almost being an outie.  It's so weird to be able to see the bottom of your belly button like that.  No other stretch marks for me so far. 
I’m really looking forward to getting everything ready for the baby.  It seems that baby boy will be here so soon now!
Baby is the size of a squash. He weighs around 4.5 lbs this week and it feels like it!  This is one heavy baby.

Tomorrow, I'll do my 34 week update...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment