One crazy day at a time...my life!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Week 37

I am finally FULL-TERM!  This is so exciting!
I’m finally done work.  Last Wednesday at 4 PM, I officially handed it all to my replacement.  I don’t have much hope that she won’t mess some of the stuff up, but hopefully she’ll pick up stuff faster when she’s on her own than when I was training her.  It is officially not my problem anymore.
Now I just get to talk to the insurance company taking care of our Short Term Disability plan a lot.  Apparently, when you leave work even by doctor’s orders they still feel the need to call and get “more” information.  Dre mailed them my paperwork this morning and I’m hoping that that will be all they need to process my claim.  Really, the complete maximum amount of time I’ll be off work and covered by them in 5 weeks since my due date is in 3 weeks and doctors don’t let you go over your EDD by more than 2 weeks nowadays.  I just feel like they’re giving themselves a lot of work by trying to see if I could go on modified duties for work by corresponding with my supervisor and all that stuff.  Is it really worth it to get me to work an extra 2 to 3 weeks?  I kind of wish that baby boy hurries up and gets here so I don’t have to deal with all this ridiculous stuff.  I’m sure he’s like me though and he’s happy hanging around until someone forcibly evicts him from my uterus.
At my last appointment with my doctor this past week, she told me I tested negative for Group B Strep.  Yay!  It was my last appointment with her because she is also going on mat leave.  So I get to meet my new ob-gyn this Thursday.  I’m kinda nervous about that.  I hope that I like her because I don’t do well with people I don’t like.  My present doctor tends to be a little too happy, sunshiny about everything, but I can deal with that since she listens to my concerns and is open to what I have to say.  I’m really hoping that the new doctor is the same way.
I’m still having panic attacks over having an actual baby in the next 5 weeks, but I think I need to get into the mindset that we’ll be okay even if we don’t have everything done for the baby when he gets here.  We should probably pick a name for him though.  The problem is that Andre’s name I don’t like AT ALL and my name Andre is not fond of what the name means.  I have to say that when I found out the meaning of the name I wasn’t impressed either.  I think we might have to go back to the drawing board and make a list of possibilities and try to find one that we both like.  Apart from picking a name, I still need to find a diaper bags and a baby carrier, make some more frozen meals, and finish cleaning and organizing all of baby boy’s stuff.
Here is this week’s picture!

Week 36
Week 37



You can’t tell by looking at the picture, but my shirt no longer covers my baby bump.  I could feel some skin down there when Dre was taking the picture. 
My average weight this week is 180.9 lbs which is a loss 0.1 lbs since last week. This makes my total weight gain for this pregnancy exactly 27.9 lbs. When the nurse weighed me this week, she couldn’t seem to believe that I might have lost some weight.  I’m really not doing anything differently, but the doctor tells me that that can happen towards the end of pregnancy.  Weird since the baby is putting on more weight than ever now.  I feel like there’s no more room in there for him so he’s going to have to come out pretty soon.
I still get bad, bad, bad heartburn.  I’m pretty sure that won’t change until baby boy gets here.  I’m also getting a lot of indigestion so I’m drinking a lot of Ginger Ale to help.
I haven’t really seen any “nesting” urge around.  I look at stuff and tell myself that I need to do something about it, but I don’t have the energy to go do it.  Everything seems to take so long to do when you’re pregnant that at the end of the day it feels like nothing got done.  Right now I’m focusing on accomplishing a little every day and hopefully everything will get done.  Thank goodness that Dre is happy to help though because the man does tons and then I feel bad that I let him do everything. 
I didn’t get as many BHs this week.  I tend to get them when I’m up and walking around though which makes all my shopping excursions interesting.  No painful contractions this week.  Doctor didn’t check me for dilation or effacement at my weekly appointment since I didn’t have any timeable contractions.  I’m ok with that because it reduces the chances of an infection being introduced to my uterus that way.  Anyways, I’ve heard all the stories of mamas walking around 4 cm dilated and 100% effaced for weeks before finally being induced because they went over their due dates.  We’ll see what this new doctor does, but I’d rather wait until I’m 40 weeks before we start doing the fun, fun cervical checks.
I’m really looking forward to being organized.  I feel like everything is always un-organized and everywhere right now.  I think that I’m going to work on a to-do list tonight so that I have a clear idea of what I need to do before the baby gets here.  The list will also help me feel more organized.
Baby is the size of a watermelon. He weighs around 6.5 lbs this week. I can officially say that I’ll be squeezing a watermelon out of my hoo-haa in a few weeks!  Eep!

No comments:

Post a Comment