One crazy day at a time...my life!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Doc Appointment

So I had my doctor's appointment...and...

Just what I thought.  I have to wait until I'm at least 7 weeks for my first u/s.  According to my doc the heart doesn't start beating until then.  Hmmmm, right!  It starts beating in Week 6, but whatever!

So I booked my u/s for June 27th which is the first working day in my 7th week and I call Dre to tell him.  He goes, "I can't make it.  I have training that week." 

So I'm like, "WTF?"  It's not like I'm gonna wait a whole EXTRA week to be reassured that the baby is doing just fine.  So I tell him that he can either come anyways or I'll go by myself.  Well, apparently that is not a good solution.  So I figured out that in Dre speak "I have training all week that week."  actually means "I have training on Monday and Tuesday and I'm off for the rest of the week."  Huh?  Yeah!

So I booked my u/s for June 30th at 3:20.  I'm really hoping for a perfect u/s and a good tech that will tell us that everything is fine and show us the HB 'cause I don't think I can take waiting until the end of the long weekend to find out!

The rest of the appointment was pretty uneventful.  Same info as last time.  Doc wants me to do the whole panel of blood tests again.  What?  Really?  What are the odds that I got HIV or Syphilis in the last 6 months.  Really?  I just love me some needles!  Anyways, I'll have to do that at some point.

Now I'm just counting down the 2 weeks and 1 day until my u/s.  CANNOT WAIT!  Also, if everything looks good on the u/s we'll be telling the parents.  I would tell them earlier, but my last pregnancy demonstrated the fact that when I say, "Don't tell anyone!" it means "Tell some close friends and then tell them not to tell anyone." to my mom.  So annoying! 

No comments:

Post a Comment