One crazy day at a time...my life!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Baby Room Ideas

Ok, so I'm a little torn about the baby's room.  Last time I was pregnant, I had everything picked out including the crib and dresser and now I've changed my mind about everything.  Blah!

This is the crib I originally wanted to use.  I still like it a lot, but it's American and I'd have to go to the States to pick it up to avoid crazy shipping fees to Canada.  That's not the end of the world though.

This is the Davinci Emily 4 in 1 Convertible Crib
I always planned on getting dark furniture for the nursery because that's what I like, but white has been growing on me lately.  Dre still dislikes white furniture though.  Also, I think white is adorable for a girl, but not really great for a boy.

So I went to visit one of my friends on Monday and they just replaced their daughters crib because her drop-side crib broke.  They got her this one...


Aldi Loft Crib
I love this crib.  It's so square and it just speaks to me for some reason. I also find it funny that my design tastes have really been changing and maturing in the last few years.  This crib style is totally not something I would have gone for before.

So anothre option is an IKEA crib.  They are so cheap which appeals to me.  They don't convert, but I figure we'll need to buy furniture for the kids at some point anyways.  I like this one...


IKEA Gulliver Crib
So now I have too many choices!  What to do?

Anyways, I found this dresser I LOVE at IKEA and it only comes in white.  It's also much cheaper than the one that matches the crib above. It's this dresser...

IKEA Birkland 3-drawer dresser
So the options I have are to have a white dresser and an ebony crib and work that into my decor or just get white baby furniture.  I'm so torn!

I haven't even started trying to look for a glider or bed set yet.  My mom just told me she wants to pay for my glider which is really nice of her!  My parents bought all the baby furniture for my 2 nieces, but since my Dad died my mom doesn't have that much money to spare so she's been feeling guilty that she's not buying the baby furniture. 

Anyways, I just wanted to put all my options down so I could look at them another day and debate colors and styles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment