One crazy day at a time...my life!

Friday, September 9, 2011

Surprise!

This is me right now!
My doctor is PREGNANT! 

This would be my family doctor who's also an OB and a pediatrician!  Do you know what is also magically, awesome news right now?  She's due in FREAKING JANUARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to know how she thought she could be my doctor if she's going to be on mat leave while I deliver and need her pediatrician skills?  Hello?

Dre tells me this on the phone a few minutes ago.  He heard it from his co-worker who also has the same doctor.  I was like, "Oh, OK.  No big deal 'cause she's super tiny and has no bump so she must not be as far along as I am."  Hmmmm, right! 

Dre's co-worker heard it from the receptionist at the doctor's office when the receptionist accidently let the information slip.  Now, I'm wondering when my doctor would have seen fit to enlighten me to the fact that she would not be around and I need to find out who's going to cover her.  The suburbs that I live in are notoriously short of doctors.  You can find one when a new office opens, but that's about it. 

My doctor's office has about 9 other doctors working there also, but I know that that practice isn't taking any other patients which means that those doctors have full patient rosters.  Also, she's apparently only planning on taking 7 months of mat leave which is fine...in fact, she should take her full year, but when doctors go on mat leave it really leaves the rest of us in bind. 

Alright, I'm done freaking out now.  I have 2 more weeks until my next doctor's appointment so I guess I'll ask her about it then.

In other news, I'm going to the baby show tomorrow!  This is exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment