One crazy day at a time...my life!

Monday, September 26, 2011

Week 20...the halfway point!

Week 20…halfway there!  I can’t believe that I’m already half done my pregnancy.  The time went by so slowly for a while and then just zoomed by for the last few weeks!

All last week I had this wonderful cold that Dre gifted to me.    I was sooooo miserable!  I guess I never realized how much stuff I take to make me feel better when I’m sick.  I don’t subscribe to the suffering for the sake of suffering crowd (Dre belongs to that crowd)…if decongestants are going to let me breathe then I’m going to buy them by the boatload!  Yoga was definitely an experience with all the congestion.  I didn’t have too much of the fun stuff making my nose run or anything, but I think there’s something in the air at yoga class because as soon as I started my nose started running like it would never stop.  Downward dog when you’re congested is not really recommended…it makes your head feel like it’s going to explode.

My mom stopped by last week too.  Since I had the plague, I decided to rest instead of going to shop for more work maternity pants.  I showed her the dresser and crib that Dre and I have decided to get.  Of course, since the crib is almost black and the dresser is white I got so many aggravating comments about non-matching furniture and about why I couldn’t buy a crib from Baby R Us.  Apparently going with black and white furniture is just horrible to the older generation.  So annoying!  Then she felt the need to tell me that both my nieces’ nursery furniture cost way more than what I don’t want to spend on a Baby R Us crib ($600).  Hello!  I know there are really expensive cribs out there, but I can’t see the point of spending a fortune on something that the baby will sleep in for a max of 2 years before it goes to younger sibling.  In total, the crib will be used for 4-5 yrs at the most and I’m not putting too much money into it.  

I also happened to mention that Dre and I are not buying a change table.  We’ll just put a change pad on top of the dresser.  OMG…you would have thought that the world was going to end.  I find all of these comments extremely annoying since I’ve always been the type to know what I want and research it tons so it’s not like I’m just deciding this stuff randomly!  Ughhhh!  My mom also commented that she wants to be around after the baby is born to help out and “teach” us how to take care of baby.  Hmmmm, yeah right!  She can come cook and clean, but that’s about it.  I don’t need help learning about the baby.  I understand that this knowledge used to be passed down from women to women, but nowadays we have so many sources of information to get help.  I so am not the type to want help when I haven’t asked for it so I told my mom that we’ll see after Dre goes back to work.  Most likely, I’ll let her come for a week and that’s it.  At least Dre’s parents usually stay at SIL’s house when they’re in town so it’s not like I’ll have them around 24/7 when they do come and visit.

Dre and I went to look at baby stuff on Saturday in some baby boutiques and then we went to register at Baby R Us.  I wish we had more places that sold baby stuff so we could register there too because I feel Baby R Us is still pretty limited in the stuff that they carry.  Now, I have to edit my registry online because I think I missed some things!  Dre and I also found the nursery bedding set for the baby and it has fishies on it! I like the colors so I’ll live with the non-modern look of the whales swimming across the blankets.  Dre is convinced that the baby needs fun stuff to look at and that shapes aren’t going to cut it.  I’ll post a picture of it at some point.


Week 19

Week 20

The overall weight gain has picked up speed in the past few weeks.  I definitely have a pregnant bump now since it’s hard and pretty rounded.  My average weight this week is 161.3 lbs. which is a 1.3 lbs gain from last week.  Overall, I’ve gained 8.3 lbs.  I think that I’m still doing well with my weight, but I probably should stop eating dessert all the time just because I can.  Yesterday, I made Dre go with me to Baskin Robbins so I could get some ice cream.  I’m not a big ice cream person normally, but yesterday I had an ice cream craving!

I’ve been having quite a bit of heartburn.  I even took a Tums on Saturday evening because it got so bad. That helped a lot so I guess I’m going to go out and buy some more Tums to make sure I don’t run out!  

Baby has been kicking a ton!  The first day that I really started to feel a lot of them I mentioned it to Dre and he put his hand on my belly.  I didn’t think he’d feel anything, but he says he can feel some of them so he’s really, really, really excited about that.  He’s started talking to my tummy all the time now trying to get the baby to kick some more.  I’ve mentioned this to a few people and they have all told how great that feeling was.  I guess I’m the weird one because I think it feels completely weird to have something moving in you all the time and poking you.  I get very strange looks when I tell ppl that it feels like a tiny alien is kicking me.  Being kicked right now definitely does not feel like I expected it to feel.  Dre asked me what I thought it would feel like and I couldn’t really put it into words.  I guess I thought it would be more like when someone hits you or kicks you just not a hard and on the inside.  So not like that at all!

I need more maternity pants!  It’s an emergency!  I did laundry yesterday and all my maternity stuff is still drying on the line so I had to squeeze myself into a non-maternity skirt today…good thing it’s still kind of warm.   Buy more pants is definitely on my list of things to do this week.

No stretch marks, but I need to be more consistent in buttering up my belly in the morning.  Dre does a good job at night, but I tend to run around in the morning and forget stuff like that.  No labour signs or BH contractions this week.

I’m looking forward to getting the nursery furniture now that we’ve emptied 99% of the baby’s room.


Imagine a real cantaloupe because this one is huge for some reason!

Baby is the size of a cantaloupe this week!  So big!

No comments:

Post a Comment