One crazy day at a time...my life!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Week 18

Week 18 is finally here!  I get to have my anatomy ultrasound later on today!  Exciting times!

This last week, Dre and I attended our first pre-natal course.  Even though we’ve done the first 2 classes, we ended up staying for the whole thing because the group was so much fun and the teacher/nurse talked to us and asked about our experiences and input.  It was a much more dynamic class than the one we took in February.  So we’re going back for our second class on Thursday and I can’t wait.

Last week, I finally figured out how to sign up for pre-natal yoga with the city.  I have a friend taking the class and she told me about it, but I couldn’t figure out how to sign up with the community center where it’s offered.  Turns out I had to do it online with a password that I had to call the city to get.  I had been trying to go to the community center while it was open to sign up in person which is how the community center by my house does it.  Anyways, tonight is the first yoga class and I’m excited, but kind of nervous about it all at the same time.  We’ll see if I’m any good at yoga!

In an hour, I’m having my big 18 week ultrasound.  I can’t wait to find out the sex of the baby!  I’m keeping busy by writing this post so I don’t spend too much time thinking about it.

Week 17
18 weeks 2 days


This is the first week where I’ll be using a weekly average for my weight.  So my weight gain was at 4 lbs last week.  This week my weight average was 158.1 which is a gain of 5.1lbs.   I think that’s pretty good overall.  My weight gain seems to have really picked up in the last 2 weeks so we’ll have to see what it is when I go to the doctor’s in 2 weeks.

Nausea is floating around some days, but it’s not as bad as it used to be.  It just comes and goes sometimes.  I’ve had some heartburn and a lot of indigestion.  I’m back to thinking about every single piece of food I eat since I might be haunted by it for 3 hours afterwards.  I’ve also started walking every day with Dre to help the digestion along.  It seems to help.  I’m still having a lot of random aches and pains around my hips, kidneys, belly…wherever baby could be compressing/pushing something.  It isn’t too bad though…just a little annoying at times.

I’m wearing my old pair of capris today with an elastic to keep my pants up.  Yup, I’m still doing that!  I think this is it for my non-pregnancy pants.  They get really uncomfortable even when I have them completely undone.  I can still fit in most of my skirts and dresses, but the pants are going to be packed away this weekend.  No stretch marks in sight.  Dre slathers on pounds of lotion and cream every night so I’m pretty well covered there.  If I do get stretch marks, it won’t be because my skin wasn’t hydrated enough.

No labour signs to report which is good since I’m still 6 weeks away from viability.  Belly button is still an innie, but that might change sometime soon.  

I’m looking forward to being able to settle on a theme or décor for the baby’s room.  Once we know the sex, we’ll be able to plan a lot more stuff and buy a lot more stuff.  

Weekly wisdom of the week is that I should go buy more maternity pants.  Even though I want summer to stay, I think I have to accept the inevitable and get some stuff suitable for cool fall days.

Alright, Dre just got here to go to the ultrasound place so I have to run…

Baby is the size of a sweet potato this week.  He or she is growing really fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment