One crazy day at a time...my life!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

17 weeks

It’s Week 17 and I feel like the time has started to just fly by!

Dre and I have our pre-natal courses starting this Thursday.  We’ve already done the 1st 2 classes so I think we’ll just show up to register and then leave.  Also, the course is in French which I’m sure is going to make some stuff difficult to understand, but hopefully we get what we need out of this course.

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend!  Dre and I spent ours relaxing, cleaning, and I even did some canning with my SIL (more on that later).

Things are moving along well in the baby room.  Dre and I have the room almost all emptied out.  We’ve managed to sell a few of the furniture pieces we put online which provides a little extra cash.  Also, Costco re-stocked their beige gliders.  When I saw that, I called Dre and then ordered it immediately!  Also Dre and I have agreed on what kind of crib we’ll get.  We’ll be getting a crib from the States and hoping that we don’t have to pay too much duty on it when we bring it back into Canada.   I’ll take pictures as I start getting everything. 


Week 16

 17 weeks 2 days
 And I decided to show you a month ago versus now again just for fun!  I'm definitely starting to show a lot more!


Now.  17 weeks
13 weeks
 So on to my weight gain.  I’m up a total of 4 lbs this week.  Since my weight seems to go up and down quite a bit, I think I’ll do a weekly average of my weight starting next week.  What to Eat When You’re Expecting suggests this and I think that it makes the most sense.  Last week on Sunday I had a gain of 7 lbs and this week I have a gain of 4 lbs which is kind of weird.  Hopefully, by giving the average gain from a week I’ll get a more accurate idea of my weight gain.  I seem to either be freaking out because I’m not gaining enough weight or I’m gaining too much weight.  Who knew that pregnancy could be so stressful for such stupid reasons?

My nausea has briefly reappeared, but it hasn’t been bad at all.  I’m still having a daily struggle with heartburn and indigestion.  There has been some Round Ligament Pain going on lately, but mostly I notice that one of my sides hurt around my hip areas a lot of the time.  I spend a lot of time rubbing my belly or my back to ease the aches.  I guess this is why you always see pregnant women rub their bellies.

I’m sporting the maternity gear today!  I was showing pretty early with this pregnancy, but it was not obvious at all.  Now, it is very, very obvious.  I seem to have really started popping out the belly.  I noticed because all the pre-pregnancy shirts I used to just wear around the house are too short, too tight, or getting too short and too tight.  I’m going to have to get a few sweaters for the winter since all of my zip up hoodies won’t zip up anymore.  No stretch marks to report!  I know that it’s still early, but since my goal is to avoid them at all cost I’m counting this as a win!  I pee all the time.  That includes at least once a night and on some night like Saturday night it’s 6-7 times a night.  So annoying!

No labor pains yet.  It’s still really early for those and I might really freak out if I got them now.  My belly button is still in, but I have a feeling that it’s going to be an outie pretty soon.

I’m looking forward to knowing the baby’s sex!  After that I feel like I can start planning all kinds of things!  Also, I’m looking forward to making applesauce in the next few weeks with my SIL.  I love fall!  It brings so many fun things that you can do with your family.

The weekly wisdom for this week is that I need to start making exercise a priority in my life.  I don’t want to try to start walking when it’s -20C outside so I have to get into the habit right now.  That’s my goal this week!

Dre declared this week that I don’t rub my belly enough which is why he needs to rub my belly so much; otherwise, the baby will feel abandoned and unloved.  He’s so funny that husband of mine! 

Baby is the size of a large onion this week!  He or she is really growing in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment