One crazy day at a time...my life!

Friday, October 14, 2011

Showers are harder than they seem

It's a good thing I'm not planning my own shower because I would probably have a breakdown.  Just coming up with the guest list is a harrowing experience.

For the last few days, I've been trying to gather the email addresses of everyone on my list.  This seems like a pretty easy task since I know all of these people.  Right?  Wrong!  The problem is that I communicate with most of these people on Facebook and so I don't keep very good contact information for most of them because I know that if I need to talk to them I can always FB message them.  Thankfully, 98% of them listed an email address on their FB profile which saved me from having to send a mass FB message asking for everyone's address. 

Now, the problem I'm having is finding the email addresses of my relatives (who are not on FB for the most part).  The problem with having huge extended families like mine is that when you invite one aunt you kind of feel like you should invite them all.   Sometimes, that feels like I'm just asking for a gift though since I know they won't come. 

Also, my mom has several of her friends that she wants to add to the list which is completely fine if they know me, but some of these people I have barely talked to since I was a child.  Awkward!  My SIL informs me that I'm not supposed to know everyone at my shower and that people just randomly bring strangers along that you don't know usually.  I never knew that...it's news to me!

So that's what I've been up to for the last few days.  I'm really looking forward to my shower.  It's on Nov. 19th which is in a little more than a month.  Then on the Nov. 22nd, I'm starting the next series of baby courses.  This one should be much more interesting since they're going to go through the labour process, your options, breastfeeding, and all that stuff.  We're also going to get to tour our hospital to see where everything is located.   So I'm really looking forward to November!

No comments:

Post a Comment