One crazy day at a time...my life!

Friday, October 28, 2011

Woohoo

This is my 100th post!  It's time to celebrate!

When I started this blog back in January right after I got pregnant for the first time, I never would have thought that I'd have enough stuff to write about.  I still struggle with that, but I find that if I don't try to "force" myself to write every day then I'm much more motivated to come back here and find something to tell you guys. 

I think that lately I've struggled with what to write because it feel like my whole life is encompassed into the fact that I'm pregnant.  Almost everything Dre and I do now has to do with planning for the baby, naming the baby, or buying stuff for the baby.  It's time consuming and not very interesting to you guys.

However since this is my favorite season, I have decided that I need to have some adventure in my life before the baby gets here.  Even if I'm dead tired every night after work, I need to get off my ass I go for a walk so I can enjoy the gorgeous weather and the brightly colored trees right now.  Usually by the time November rolls around, it's bitterly cold and all the leaves have been stripped from the trees.  The trees usually stand there all alone and naked under a chilly gray sky.  Those are the late October/November months I remember from my childhood.  That desolate image of the earth going back to sleep before winter was never a depressing time for me because I loved fall so much.  I love the colors!  I love the cool weather.  I love all the warm comfort food that these months bring.  I love the decorations.  I even love the dark, gray skies that rain chilly raindrops on me. 

In the spirit of trying to focus on something else than how the hell is the baby's room ever going to be ready, I'm dressing up for Halloween tomorrow and going to have a smashing good time at my SIL's for dinner then off to a Halloween (costumes required so I'll try to get a pic) party with all of Dre's friends.  And even though I can't indulge with my favorite friend, Chardonnay, I'm going to eat tons of Halloween candy and tell everyone that the baby requires me to eat my body weight in candy.  Love it!

Now, the only dilemma I have is that I can't decide if I want to be Juno (from the movie named Juno obviously) or a trashy bride.  Being 6 months pregnant really lends itself to these 2 costumes.  I can't decide which one would the most spectacular outfit though.  I'll let you know what I picked in my next post!  Dre decided to wanted to be an Emo kid and walk around all night telling ppl all about his feelings.  If he sticks with this idea, it's going to be awesome!  So funny!  I'll also get to use tons of gel and a straightener on his hair as well as putting some black nail polish on him.  I would love to put eyeliner on him too, but I don't think he'll let me take it that far.  Too bad though because it would be spectacular as a costume.  The good thing with both of our costumes this year is that they'll have cost us...NOTHING since we have everything already.

I'm looking forward to this weekend so hopefully my mom won't drive me too crazy since she's at my house right now.  Countdown to my massages is commencing now...2.5 hours before the massage therapist rubs away all my aches and pains!

No comments:

Post a Comment