One crazy day at a time...my life!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

So what day is this?

Google result for Wednesday Hump Day. 
DO NOT type in Hump Day by itself while at work! You will not get cute cartoons!


I have to ask because my sleep-deprived brain is trying to quit, pack its bags, and go on vacation.

A combination of my boss being on vacation for 2 weeks which leaves me to do everything, taking a CPR class this weekend, and the hated Daylight Saving Time have conspired to rob me of my sleep making me very tired.

All of this, by the way, doesn't help the tiny depressed feelings I've been having lately.  Dre is deeply concerned over my statement that I'm depressed and insists on trying to make me smile and stop being depressed.  It usually works because he's funny. 

So I think I'm going to summarize my feelings in this one paragraph.  Beth Ann from HeirtoBlair wrote this about 2 years of so ago after her miscarriage.  It completely summarizes what I feel about this whole situation that is my life.

"Three months of nausea, heartburn, exhaustion, elation, pure happiness...with nothing to show for it.  & to get the baby I want, I have to go back & do it all over again.  Sweet Jesus, I've been down the 1st Tri road.  I was almost done.  Now I am back at square one.  That is what frustrates me the most."

So right now that is what my state of mind looks like and that's all I'll say about that...for now!

So in other news, I have a friend who went shopping with me for baby stuff a while ago.  While we were in this uber-crunchy baby store (they had great cloth diapers...definitely going back there one day), we spotted DivaCup.  Now I had read about them on a blog, but I had no idea what they looked like and how they worked.  Yes, I'm aware that Google is great, but I'm too lazy and forgetful to look this crap up usually.

Anyways, said friend has now purchased one and I'm SOOOOOO jealous!  I want one!  I REALLY REALLY REALLY want one!  Why?  Because I HATE, DETEST, ABHOR pads.  They are nasty, gross, smelly, nasty, smelly, and nasty!  I think I might have to go out and buy one right away.  I was originally going to wait until after I had a baby to get one so that I didn't have to changes sizes, but after spending the morning reading all about them I think I wanna go get one so I never, ever, ever have to wear a pad again.  Maybe, I'll make a very illegal bonfire in my backyard and burn all my remaining pads in glee.   Hmmm, my neighbors might think I was even crazier than they originally thought. 

I've just managed to remember that it's Wednesday and not Friday like I was desperately hoping it was so I will leave you to go scale the rest of Hump Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment