One crazy day at a time...my life!

Monday, March 14, 2011

Time

What is up with Daylight Savings Time or however you spell that?

When I was a kid I used to think it was so cool that we got to change the clocks.  It was really exciting to wake up in the morning and see if we had all remembered to set our clocks forward or backward.  Every time you looked at a clock the day after you always had a little doubt about whether or not that was actually the time.  

Well, I'm not 5 anymore and time change has definitely lost it's appeal for me! 

I HATE Daylight Savings Time!  There I said it.  I cannot stand having to force my poor, tired body to wake up when it's pitch black just so I can get an extra hour of daylight at the end of the day.  I say join all the really smart Province of Saskatchewan and the States of Arizona, Indiana, and Hawaii and let's stop doing the stupid thing we do with our clocks twice a year.

Your body will thank me for it.  Or maybe not.

Since we're not farmers working in the fields anymore (not that there's anything wrong with farmers) and we have this modern invention called outside lighting, we don't need to extend our day anymore.  I seriously doubt that changing the time twice a year saves that much electricity for anyone.  Now instead of turning on my lights at night when I get home, I get to turn on my light in the morning while getting ready to go.

All right I'm done talking about that till Fall when we add an extra hour...AGAIN.

In other news, I'm still waiting on my doctor to call me back so I can see if I can schedule my ultrasound this week instead of at the end of next week or the week after that.  Bleeding has pretty much completely stopped so I don't see how waiting for an extra week is going to change how much stuff is or is not left in my uterus. 

Since I started charting with Fertility Friend again (I'll link my chart to this blog some day), my chart is telling me I should ovulate in the next 3 days:-(  That makes me sad because I'm probably not going to ovulate since I think my HCG levels have to be below 5 for my cycle to reset itself.  When the doctor calls, I need to remember to ask her what they were at my last blood draw.  So, here's to hoping that my levels have already dropped below 5 and that my cycle is on the way to resetting itself. 

The possible stuff left in the uterus...I'll worry about that after the next ultrasound.

No comments:

Post a Comment