One crazy day at a time...my life!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tuesday musings

 Do you know what’s impressive?

It’s something I would never have noticed last year.

It is…the fact that I don’t pee often in a day when I’m not pregnant.  

I used to think I had to pee all the time.  Not anymore!  Now that I’ve been pregnant and experienced the sheer insanity of having to pee every 15 minutes I know better. This is the type of silly thing you think about now I guess.  

I guess this type of stuff is on my mind more right now since my ovulation is coming up and I’m trying to figure out if I should start testing today for it or wait till tomorrow.  I’m trying to conserve tests since I’ve managed to go through 60ish tests in the last 5 months.  Craziness!

Some people say I’m too obsessive about this.  They might be right.  I think that it’s better to be informed about how your body is working and when is the best time to try to get pregnant than blindly have sex, assume your ovulation is on day 14ish, and hope that you get pregnant whenever it happens.  I like being in control and being informedJ

Dre might be happy with that approach, but I don’t think I’m built to go about blindly hoping that lightning strikes me—your chances of getting pregnant on a prefect cycle (sex before, on, and after ovulation, perfect CM, and your moons aligning) are only about 20% which makes you wonder how anyone ever gets pregnant—and I end up winning the lottery…the pregnancy lottery that is.

So, I’ve been charting and so far my temps this cycle have been behaving much better than last cycle so fingers crossed!

Yes, this happens to be what I’m obsessed with lately and most ppl who know me will tell you that I tend to obsess over one thing to no end.  This time I decided to split my obsessing with also obsessing about my calories.

Well, good news about all that obsessing is that my weight has dropped from 158-159 (post-miscarriage weight…surprisingly the weight doesn’t melt away after you miscarry) to 152.5 in about 1.5 months. I’m so happy about that you have no idea!

My goal is to keep watching my calories to make sure I’m getting good nutrition and to reduce my weight to a more healthy weight of 140ish pounds.  After I get pregnant…soon, I hope....I’ll keep tracking my calories because I think it’s easy to delude yourself into thinking that you’re getting enough calories/veggies/nutrition that your body needs.  When I track my calories, I also keep track of how many glasses of water I drink a day and that’s really helpful in getting me to drink at least 8 glasses of water.

So that’s my goal for the next few months.

  1. Get pregnant.
  2. Lost weight until I can maintain around 140.

I decided to put it on here so that I would feel more accountable and keep doing it even though I really want to eat all the candy I can possibly find and all the brownies I can cook…

No comments:

Post a Comment