One crazy day at a time...my life!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

It's an olive!

Dre is ecstatic to know that our baby is now the size of a green olive!  I think discussing what type of fruit the baby is like each week is the most exciting thing between DH and I.
It makes it all exciting especially since my digestion is still not working as it should and I’m sick of analyzing everything that goes into my mouth.

I just told Dre that I’m giving up on food.  I’m going to drink shakes for the next 7 months.  At least those get digested perfectly fine.  I cannot wait for my doctor’s appointment in 2 weeks so that I can complain about this and see if she has any ideas that Dr. Google hasn’t already told me about.  (You would think Google would be helpful, but not really because different websites keep contradicting themselves on what I should or should not do.)

So on Saturday, I officially entered Week 9!  I would post an updated picture of me, but when I came out of the shower yesterday Dre was already sleeping.  I’ll get him to take one tonight and post it tomorrow.

My weight this weekend was 152.5 and 153.5 lb so it’s holding pretty steady.  I attribute that to the fact that I’m scared to eat because I get the icky “too full” feeling from almost any amount and type of food that I put in my mouth.  This has been going on since July 1st so 11 days later it has definitely lost all it’s appeal.  All the websites I’ve read claim that women usually experience this in their 3rd trimester and sometimes in the 2nd.  So lucky me got it for the 1st…now I’m praying every day that it stops and doesn’t come back because I don’t know what I’ll do if I get this for 7 more months.  

I have absolutely no cravings whatsoever although food is starting to have some appeal again on the days when m/s is not around.  On a good note my m/s is coming and going now.  I had it yesterday, but didn’t have anything for the 3 days before that.  

I’m giving in and going to buy more summer maternity clothes for work.  I was hoping to use my stuff for at least another month, but my digestion issues have made me completely intolerant of tight clothes so for now I’m living in some of my loose skirts.

No stretch marks in sight although I definitely have a bump which I’m sure is all bloat, but it’s hard and it’s still there in the mornings.  I look pregnant in most of my clothes so I have to be careful to wear sweaters at workJ

I’m now waking up once every single night to go pee.  Apart from that I’m sleeping well.  I haven’t felt any movement, but it’s way too early for that.  I’m of course still maintaining that it’s a girl, but sometimes I get a feeling like it could be a boy.  I can’t wait for the anatomy u/s in September!  No labor signs, belly button is in, and I miss being able to eat whatever I want.

I’m looking forward to our vacation at the end of July because when we come back I’ll officially be in my 2nd trimester and I can’t wait for this golden trimester that everyone keep talking about.  Also, Dre is really looking forward to telling everyone he knows.  He’s so cute! 
Anyways, pics are coming tomorrow…promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment