One crazy day at a time...my life!

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Cake is the Best Thing Ever!

Had a movie day today with the girls.  I haven't done that in a really long time.  It was really nice.  I did get a little tired during the second movie.  I find that I get more tired more easily again. 
We watched Beastly and Burlesque.  I really liked Beastly.  It's modern take on Beauty and the Beast and I really like some of the imagery of that movie.  The tattoos that are on the main character and the witch are amazing.  Burlesque had some really good singing and dancing.  Of course, Christina Aguilera is the main character in that movie and she has quite the voice.   Overall, I quite enjoyed both movies.

I baked a banana cake on Friday night and iced it.  I decided to make a layer cake with it.  I blame my pregnancy cravings and hormones.  I brought it the movie day and we ate more than half of it!  Crazy, but it's so good!
Not the best picture, but this banana cake is soooo good!

Some of the other girls brought veggies which were an excellent choice, but I love to bring sweets when I go to places like that.  I've always been better at baking than cooking anyways.

I think I'm going to attempt to make a Maple Pudding Chomeur.  It's a traditional Quebec French Canadian dessert which my parents made all the time when I was a kid.  I think I'll attempt it in the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment