One crazy day at a time...my life!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Weekend Stuff

The weekends always seem to fly by!

Since the weekend is the only time that I seem to sleep well, I'm really sad whenever Sunday night rolls around and I realize that I'll have to get up at 6am tomorrow while it's pitch black outside.  Although now that we've gone through another time change (I really, really, really hate time change.), it might actually be light outside by the time I leave the house in the morning.  When you drive to work, it doesn't really matter if it's light or not, but when you wait for a bus on the side of the road every morning it matters.  It matters because cars can't see you very well.  This doesn't usually make me feel safe at all.  Thankfully, once December 21st, the winter solstice, is passed the days will start to get longer and somewhere in January it's no longer going to be dark once I leave for work.

Anyways, the weekend I hit up the annual toy sale we have here.  A friend of mine wanted to go and asked if I wanted to tag along.  I didn't think I'd really find anything I needed there since my two nephews have decided that what they want for Christmas is a laptop or an iPod Touch.  Have I mentioned that they're 8 and 5?  So I have no idea what to buy them for Christmas, but it definitely won't be a laptop.  My nieces on the other hand are 16 and 9.  The 16 year old obviously no longer wants toys and since she's a girl I generally just ask her what she wants to give her gift cards.  The younger one lives in Australia and since mailing stuff to Australia takes about 2 months when it's larger than a letter I no longer send her actual presents.  So, I was surprised when I ended up finding all these great baby books in French and English for the baby.  Dre and I love reading and it's a passion that we hope to pass on to our kids.  I love movies and television, but I think that the written word is the ultimate way to convey a story.  There are so many details in a book that you can never get from a movie or TV. 

These were insanely cheap because it was the toy sale. 
Love it that 12 baby books cost less than $20.
When I got back home, I had these good intentions to have lunch and then go out for some errands.  Instead I fell asleep for 2 hours!  I guess what they say about the crazy sleepiness coming back in the 3rd trimester is true.  I'm not quite in the 3rd trimester yet, but I'm definitely more tired than I was a month ago.  We did make it to the store to pick up some stuff for dinner and to check out some video cameras.  The sales person at Future Shop basically told us that if we were looking at the Flip HD Camcorder or the Sony Bloggie Touch Camcorder that we'd basically have the same video quality from recording on our iPhones.  She recommended we go with an actual video camera.  I'm not sure I want to spend $300-$400 on a camera that I'm not sure we really need.  I think we'll look at them when we go visit my aunt in the States.  Electronics tend to be much cheaper over there.

This was what we got done on Saturday.  It was a good Saturday.  Sunday we did a ton of stuff, but I'll have to talk about that later.  My computer is dying over here so I need to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment