One crazy day at a time...my life!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Lazy Sundays that Turn into Busy Sundays Sometime Hold the Best Moments

Sunday, Dre and I decided to just do our own thing and slowly wander through the day.

We got up and had grapefruit for breakfast (and other stuff of course).  I know, I know.  What the hell do you care about my breakfast eating habits.  Well, peeling the freaking things only took me half an hour.  I love grapefruit, but for the amount of work that's required to eat one I'm not sure that I'll eat them too often.  Of course, since I'm writing about them right now I suddenly have this extreme craving FOR GRAPEFRUIT RIGHT NOW!  It's a problem since I'm sitting at my desk at work on a very boring conference call.

After that, we decided to actually go to church.  Now, we regularly go to church, but since our church conveniently streams the services online every Sunday it doesn't help our lazy asses from getting off the couch and actually going there.  I think we need to get better at actually going since it's a huge church and meeting other people over there is not the easiest thing.  I want my kids to grow up in a church where they feel comfortable and have lots of friends which I something I missed out on.  My parents were constantly changing churches for one reason or another.  It made it difficult to make friends with people who had been attending the same church for their entire lives and had a lot of history together. 

Then, Dre took me out for brunch at Cora's.  He's so sweet!  I usually suggest everything that we do or whine about cooking and then suggest takeout or a restaurant.  I had this awesome egg sandwich wrapped in a crepe.  I even peeled away some of the crepe and dipped it in maple syrup...so yummy!  Since almost every plate at Cora's comes with a mountain of fruit, I also ordered their divine English Cream to dip my fruit.  Dre had a huge crepe filled with sliced bananas and Nutella topped with whipped cream.  He promptly went into a sugar coma after consuming 98% of it.  I'm not usually a huge fan of bananas, but I ate a ton of his bananas.  I guess that the baby is going to take after his dad there because Dre eats a banana a day.

Earlier, I had suggested going to visit the CHEO Dream Home.  Our local children's hospital puts on a lottery every year to raise funds for the hospital and the grand prize is a million dollar home built on a 2 acre lot.   IF you win the grand prize you get the house, maid service for a year, a car, and a truckload of money.  I really, really, really want to win this house every year!  So Dre and I buy tickets for it every year.  We're not very lucky because so far the only thing either one of us has won is a pair of binoculars.  The only problem is that if I did win the grand prize we'd have to move to the complete other end of town which would be really far away from everyone we know.  I think I would be able to deal with that though since I'd be living in a palace...did I mention that they give you all the furniture that is presently showcased in the house.  People, that includes about 8 flat screen televisions!  The draw is sometime in December of early January...we'll see if we won anything then.

I, also, love going through these house because (with the exception of last year's house which was horrid) they're usually designed to perfection. 

After all of that, we got back home and crashed.  Overall, we had a really great weekend just relaxing and doing the stuff that interested us.  I want to really enjoy these types of weekend because I don't think we have too many of those left.  I have a feeling that trying to do all those things with a newborn would be almost impossible.

So now I'm hoping that this coming long weekend is going to be equally awesome, but seeing as we have some not so fun stuff happening I think it might be one of those weekends that you wish just went by faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment