One crazy day at a time...my life!

Friday, November 11, 2011

Three Wishes


It's Remembrance Day today in Canada (Veteran's Day for the Americans). 

It also happens to be 11-11-11.  It's one of the last years that the we'll have the "lucky" days.  Because of this, I want to wish for three things...

I wish for war to be over.  For the sons, daughter, brothers, sisters, mothers, and fathers who go out to fight for our country and liberty to come back safe, alive, and whole.  I pray for the veterans who have given so much of themselves to make sure that we can have the liberty to make the choices that we make.

I wish for a healthy baby and for an easy delivery without complications or trauma.  I pray that when baby boy is ready to come out that he lets me know.  So many of the people I communicate with every day are having preterm labour or have delivered their babies.  I pray that I recognize the signs that indicate that I should go to the hospital if they do happen before my due date arrives.

I wish for my family to be healthy, happy, and safe.  What more is there to say?  Family is what connects us and is, in my opinion, one of the most important things in our lives.  Family doesn't always have to be flesh and blood, but can be those individuals that we invite into our hearts and treat like family.

Those are my wishes this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment