One crazy day at a time...my life!

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Joining in the NaBloPoMo!


Apparently today is the beginning of National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo…say that 5 times quickly).  

In past years, every time November rolled around at least one blog I was reading decided to participate. And every year I wondered why someone would drive themselves crazy trying to post once a day to meet this imaginary goal.  I guess that I kind of get it this year.

In the past few months, I’ve found that I don’t have that much to say on here apart from detailing how the pregnancy is going (or trying to kill me depending on how you look at it).  When we do something, I try to write about it and find a couple of pictures to add to the story, but really how often do people want to read about me grocery shopping or changing my mind about the crib bedding set…AGAIN.

The idea behind NaBloPoMo (this is going to get really annoying to write…I can tell) is to blog every day which will improve your writing, and grow your blog.  I don’t know about growing my blog, but I could use some help improving my writing.  

When I was in high school, my favourite subject was English.  I love the grammar rules that always applied to the written word and I was quite good at following those rules when writing.  I kept that going through all my university years.  Now that I’ve been out of school for the last 5.5 years, I find that those grammar rules are hazier and that I can’t quite recall certain rules on how to structure my sentences.  I end up arguing with the damn Microsoft Word Grammar checker thingy every time (that thing makes up grammar rules). 

I figure that trying to write every day for 30 days can’t kill me and if I succeed the worse that can happen is that I have 30 boring posts.

The question asked on the official NaBloPoMo website for today is “What is your favourite part about writing?”  I guess the answer for me is that this acts kind of like my online journal.  It’s something that I’ll be able to look back at and read in a few months, years, or decades and recall all the trivial little things that we forget as life happens.  I’m not the best at telling a story, but I hope that my writing can inspire someone to start a blog of their own just as other bloggers out there inspired me to take the plunge and start writing down my story.

So wish me luck as this is my first official post of NaBloPoMo

No comments:

Post a Comment