One crazy day at a time...my life!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The perfect meal...or not

At first I thought that there was no way that I’d actually blog about the questions, but now I’m thinking that it could be interesting.

Here is today’s question.

If you know that whatever you ate next would be your last meal, what would you want it to be?

If I knew that this was the last food I would ever eat, I would probably organize a feast.  Why? Because I love food!  I’m trying to come up with a meal, but all I can think about is that I’ll never taste anything else again so I must eat everything.

Things like homemade spaghetti, creamy broccoli cheese soup, ravioli bake with lots of stringy cheese, spicy queso, loaded fajitas, pulled pork, braised beef, heavenly BBQ potatoes, T-bone steak, pizza with bacon and green olives, butter chicken, pho, spring rolls, lasagna, brownies, chocolate cake, cheesecake, heavenly chocolate chip cookies, salads heaped with feta, olives, and avocadoes, and the list goes on and on.

You see my dilemma.  I can’t just pick one meal and make that the last thing you’ll ever get to eat.  I think that’s why I like to enjoy my meals as if it is the last time that I’ll eat this meal.  It makes me enjoy and appreciate the food that I have a lot more.

Moving on to what I’ve been up to in the last 24 hrs.

I started the second part of my pre-natal yoga class yesterday.  It was so hard!  We did all of this balancing stuff which is a great workout, but my friend and I (we’re both at 25 weeks) were dying laughing because we couldn’t do some of the stretches comfortably anymore.  I guess the baby is taking a lot more room than we figured.  Also, we look like very ungraceful and uncoordinated ladies doing all of these graceful yoga moves.  Our instructor is tiny and super graceful which makes us look even worse.  Haha!  We find this hilarious.  Also, we’re really liking the fact that these yoga exercises and relaxing techniques are making us sleep so much better.  Last night, I slept until 5am before I woke up to go pee.  It’s a miracle!  I’ve started getting up 2-4 times per night lately and I always feel like I barely get any sleep, but last night I didn’t even move and slept like a log.  It was great!


Dre and I take the same bus home on most nights.  On the bus, he unzips his backpack and shows me what’s in it.  Guess what it is!  Candy.  Lots of candy!  After a holiday, we usually go to the store together and get some on sale candy.  This time Dre decided to go to the store on his lunch break instead of going with me after work.  Apparently the rows upon rows of discounted Halloween candy proved too much for Dre to resist because he bought 2 boxes of chocolate (90+ pieces), 1 box of chewy candies (90+ piece), and 1 bag of rockets (110 pieces).  It’s dangerous to let my husband go shop for candy all by himself.  Now we have enough candy to last us till next Halloween…but know Dre they won’t make it past ChristmasJ

Life is always interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment